Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SovereignTalon

SovereignTalon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

I have a crazy monitor problem. The contrast on the monitor keeps going down on it's own. Like there is a ghost pushing the button. I have to fight with it a lot and push it back up. The buttons are never pushed so I don't see how they could get messed up. Is there a way to fix this? Even as I am typing this I have had to fight with it a few times. The button is not jammed in or anything why would it be doing this? :thumbsup:

The monitor is a Dell - model #:E171fpb.

Edited by SovereignTalon, 15 August 2010 - 11:20 PM.
Split from different thread ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hi overeignTalon, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Would you please post the make and model of your computer. If this is a desk top, please post the make and model of the monitor.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SovereignTalon

SovereignTalon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

:thumbsup: Okay just through it would save space and be easier to just add it at the bottom of the post I already made, but whatever.

The monitor is a Dell - model #:E171fpb.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Did you try different monitor?
Does the same issue happen in Safe Mode?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Once again... In order to further assist you we need to know the make and model of your computer. If it is a custom build, please post the make and model of the internal components.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 SovereignTalon

SovereignTalon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

I know it's the monitor that is the problem. I have had this problem with this monitor on 2 different computers. I know it's not anything like the screen it self or the lights in the screen. suddenly out of no where I see the little window appear on the screen that says contrast and the number just starts going down, little someone is pushing the button. The whole screen gets dark but the little window that shows what level the contrast is at does not get darker. No one ever pushes the buttons on it so I don't see how the button could be jammed. I have tried to jiggle the button to see if I can get it to stop, but that does nothing. It starts pushing the contrast down when ever it wants for as long as it wants. It attacks at random, and seems to be attacking more and more each day. I try pushing the + contrast button to make it go back up, but in the end the ghost always wins. :thumbsup:

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

I'd say, it's time for a new monitor then...

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users