Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D drive lost after win7 installation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GA_crazy_shamz

GA_crazy_shamz

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

Hey guys,

I have a problem which I hope you all can help me with.

I have a samsung n120 and I just upgraded to Windows 7. I installed it on my C drive. My computer came with a C and a D drive. After installation. I can't find my D drive which is really frustrating since before the upgrade I transferred all my stuff to the D drive.

Anyone know how I can get it back?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a screenshot of Disk Management (If you notice, the total size of my HDD (Disk 0) is 149.01 GB and then it is divided into 3: 6.01 GB Unnamed Partition, 71.04 GB C drive, and an unnamed 72.01 GB drive. This last one is the one that I'm trying to get back):

Posted Image

Here's a screenshot of MY Computer, as you can see, it only shows C drive.

Posted Image

I tried to name the drive through disk management, but the got the following error (even after reboot):

Posted Image

Also, ever since I intsalled Windows 7, my computer has been running VERY slow.

I'd appreciate all the help possible please. I'm a medical student and all my notes are on that drive!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GA_crazy_shamz

GA_crazy_shamz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:12 AM

UPDATE:

Someone told me that Partition Wizard can help with my problem.

But this is showing the 6.00 GB partition as primary and the rest of the HDD as unallocated (therefore, even though Windows is installed on it, I can't do anything with it). I'm SO confused!

Posted Image

#3 GA_crazy_shamz

GA_crazy_shamz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

ok now I have a HUGE problem:

I did partition recovery using that program and then my computer rebooted and now it says no operating system... someone HELP please!!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

Sounds to me like you have a bad NTFS or a bad hard drive.

I suggest that you try your favorite recovery software and see if anything can be reclaimed.

FWIW: Generally...it's highly unlikely that anyone will happen to respond right away to any given situation. I don't see much time between your initial post and your deciding to forego any suggestions that might have resulted.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users