Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just deleted a virus and problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spector52

Spector52

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

Ok, i deleted the Virus "Antivirus" using the bleepingcomputer method. It deleted 65 infected files. Then i restarted it and a blue screen came up. I then restarted agian, went to safe mode, restarted agian and then it goes to normal mode and works. It says that the internet explorer didn't work so it stopped it. Dr.W-somethingDebugger had to stop (What is that even?) becuase of an error also.. Then i tryed to see if i could get the internet up (It's on my start bar) and when i went over the start bar it had the loading hourglass as the mouse. Then i waited so long the screen saver took over and i just tryed to shake the mose to get rid of it and it goes completely black with just the mouse showing, The mouse can still move but that is all.. The rest is black.

I just turned it off and it went to the normal screen for a second and showed a normal thing in the lower right corner popped up then it turned off. Now i restarted it and it started up normally. I wait for it to show any error signs of having to stop something and... well by now normally Weatherbug would have opened (Weather Application) and MSN, but they didn't. This time there were no error messages saying they had to stop something.

I clicked on start and click internet now i have to wait for it to load. :thumbsup:

It opens very slowly... okay now msn opens and the internet page isn't found... Refresh didn't work so i diagnose connection problems... Select wired connection... It says it is probably being blocked becuase of a firewall. I checked internet options and it didn't say proxy (unless you can only see that in safe mode, I'm not sure). Now it gives me the port numbers which i am not sure is ok to give out or not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:19 AM

Hi spector52, I moved your topic to the Am I Infected forum.

Please rerun a scan with MBAM and post me the log.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users