Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox hangs when opening some sites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ozgramsci

ozgramsci

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hello, I'm getting desperate. I have been using Firefox as my browser for a long time. Up until recently, I have had no problem. But recently I have been experiencing problems opening some sites. When opening these sites (there seems to be no rhyme or reason why some sites are affected and not others), the status bar almost reaches the end, then the application hangs. Firefox freezes and the application is "not responding". The only thing to do is to bail out by Ending Now. These sites can be opened using Internet Explorer.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, running various virus scans and malware scans - all to no avail. The Firefox site suggests it may be a Vundo virus, but I haven't been game to run the fix suggested by your site.

I am a confident computer user, except when it comes to hardcore system tinkering.

How likely is it that I have a Vundo type virus, or are you aware of any other reason why Firefox should have problems with some sites and not others?

I can, of course, stop using Firefox, but this is not preferred as I like Firefox better than IE Explorer.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Regards
Ozgramsci

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 August 2010 - 11:00 PM.
Move to AII from Web Browsing. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users