Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Waiting for help response still, but...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gwhiz9999

gwhiz9999

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

I am waiting for a response from one of the pros regarding my redirect problem. However, I now have an update from microsoft ready to install and don't know if I should let it update or not, as I was told to not install anything new etc... until I hear from someone. I don't know how long it is going to be, and don't know what to do. Any help?

P.S. - regarding my problem, I meant to mention it when I orginally asked for help, and I didn't do anything to it, but Malwarebytes had found a "Malware.trace" that was in my registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USERS-SOFTWARE-WINSERVERS. There is the (default) item, plus ones called "run" with value of 0x00000000 (0), and "TimeGetWork" with a value of 0x0005c419 (377881). Both are of type "REG_DWORD". Not shockingly, it exists in HKEY_USERS as well, but Malwarebytes had only listed it once. Also of note and present in both HKEY sections, and perhaps of more importance, I noticed the folder right below it, which hasn't been picked up by any scanner, is a folder named "wpyyaxbft". Inside it is an item named "id", type REG_SZ, value 78.38 ...and a whole bunch of items of seemingly random letters such as "dkkekrkska". They are all REG_DWORD and have values of 1. I am quite certain these items are all a problem, but haven't done anything to them, again because I was instructed to not delete or install anything. I have seen such names of random/scrambled letters in the startup in msconfig before when having problems, and fighting this one. Perhaps it will help whichever advisor assists me.
------
Is it okay to let windows update? Thanks in advance again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hello,

No, don't do the updates; it might create problems.

I'm pasting in the other information into your other topic.

It will likely be several days before your topic gets picked up. Please refrain from posting additional topics on this issue as it can create significant confusion.

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users