Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shareaza

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

I am using shareaza and i have a dsl connection a 256k, and i only able to download thru sharaeaza at speeds of mostly 7k/bs tops....does any one no a way speed it up a way.by setting within the computer or a app i download seperately it'd be well apreciated TY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Cody_McE

Cody_McE

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

I'm not completely sure on how this works.
-But I know the more users you download from the faster it will go.
-Even if you have a DSL connection, the person you are transferring from may only have a dial-up. And at the time they may be sending multiple people the file, so the bandwidth they have has to be shared.
-Another option could be that the user your downloading from is limiting the bandwidth used for uploads to other PC's.
-In another case your own program could be limiting your download speeds.

You can go here to take a speed test to see how much you really are getting from your connection:
Speed Tests

As far as optimizing your connection speeds I would search the net through google. I don't know to much about this, rather than keeping your internet files cleaned out(cache, history, temporary files.)

Hope this helped.

P.S. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

- Cody McEntyre

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

I didnt find much at the Shareaza forums
http://forums.shareaza.com/index.php
But like Cody said it all depends on the network and who you are downloading from.
My LimeWire does the same thing at times 2-4kbs and sometimes near 100 so its
just luck of the draw.

Edited by raw, 31 October 2005 - 12:13 AM.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users