Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security in Linux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

I am going to install Ubuntu onto a Netbook soon and don't have too much experience with the OS. I was wondering if anyone knew of a step by step guide for locking down security in ubuntu 9.10/10.04 and backtrack 4 as well and setting up virtualbox and a shared printed over a network. Any Suggestions and tips would be helpful but please try to keep them in beginner terms or step by step format so I will be able to follow along easier. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sevard

Sevard

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

In this article you'll find advices how to make Ubuntu more secure. This is article for Ubuntu, but in fact it will work for others distributions.
Here you can find Ubuntu specific VirtualBOX tutorials.
And here is network printing tutorial for Ubuntu.
Read those articles and if you have questions, ask.
A lot of step by step tutorials and useful informations you can find in Ubuntu community documentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users