My laptop running XP Professional has slowed to a crawl over the past three days.
I've tried a system restore with no success.
Have noted the following... my physical memory (1GB) is being completely consumed... there's typically less than 100mb available... and sometimes less than 10mb. The following processes are consuming the most... svchost, wuauclt and doscan.
The machine is unusable until I kill them with Task Manager...
I have generated a HijackThis log in the hope that someone can assist.
Some general notes:
1. Full Antivirus scan (NAV) done and nothing showed up.
2. Also tried Bitdefender Online scan - again nothing showed up.
3. Ran MalwareBytes scan - all clear - however I couldn't get the latest definitions - kept getting a 702 error?
4. Have performed a full cleanup of temporary files, etc. (using Advanced Systemcare)
5. Registry has been defragged (using Advanced Systemcare)