Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Updates will not install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cawrenn

cawrenn

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

This is actually a friend of mines computer and he asked if I could help with his computer issues so after Bleeping Computer successfully fixed my computer problems here I am. This is a HP notebook with Windows Vista that has gotten very slow and is now starting to freeze on a daily basis. After the computer is turned on and the desktop appears, an icon with a popup comes on the toolbar stating that there are blocked startup programs. Now after asking him if he ever blocked anything he said that he had a virus in the past and tried to fix it himself by blocking a bunch of programs. So this could be something that needs to be looked into. Also another popup from the toolbar comes up stating that there are Windows updates that need to be installed. After trying to install these updates and error reports comes up stating that none uf them were able to be installed. Other than that the computer seems to be fine....just getting slower by the day. I already downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and performed a scan just to see if anything came up but nothing did. I am almost sure he doesn't have any viruses hopefully just an issue with his updates and startup programs. I hope I've given enough information for someone to help. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cawrenn

cawrenn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Since my last post the computer now freezes almost everytime anything is clicked. Not sure what is going on. Hope someone can help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users