Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kenprotheroe

kenprotheroe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

Security Tool, Eliminates all downloads, useage of AVG Free, Crap Cleaner, Disc Cleanup, System Rstore.

De-Fragmenter - just about anything excepting (as yet) incoming email. Each time I have attempted

to download any virus elimination Security Tool stops the process immediately. I have tried to install

Spy Doctor due to the ineffectiveness of AVG Free and all attempts to download that have

been curtailed by Security Tool. All of the time I am faced by the fake warnings of Security Tool and

it attempts to sell me the alternative to OK it's take-over. How can I remove it please ?

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2010 - 08:05 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

As you probably know by now this is one nasty mother. The best fix comes from Bleeping computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...e-security-tool

Edited by bicycle bill, 13 August 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

i suggest that you try following (exactly) the instructions at BC Removal Guide, Security Tool.

Note that the instructions include details (the where and the how) on where to post if you continue to have problems.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 August 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#4 kenprotheroe

kenprotheroe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

bicyclebill / hamluis, I have tried many times both of your fixes and always SpyHunter blocks the run.

No spyware removal tool works inc. that of Spyware Doctor / STOPzilla and even SpyHunters Malware

Scanner is a no - go., The same goes for https://www.enigmasoftware.com/blocked/

I do have an IT man here on Wednesday for hoped for salvation.

Thank you both for trying.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Well...you know where to post and how to go about it, if you should decide to :thumbsup:.

Good luck :flowers:.

Louis

#6 kenprotheroe

kenprotheroe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Tried posted fix, didn't work, blanked out on install of Malwarebytes.
Solution:

Boot into safe mode - login as administrator - install malwarebytes as per standard, run full scan, identified 5 objects, clean and reboot PC - so far all clean and working.

EDIT: Removed listed email address and reference to same to protect from spam bots ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2010 - 08:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users