Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon pixma ip1800 printer - how to reset after refilling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Williamy

Williamy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

HI EVERYBODY.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CANON PIXMA IP1800 PRINTER THAT REFUSES TO WORK.
I BOUGHT THE RE-FILLED CARTRIDGE FROM SHOP. AFTER USING A SHORT WHILE, ERROR MESSAGE CAME SAYING
THAT THERE WAS NO MORE INK IN IT. PRINTER WON'T WORK.
I HAVE CHECKED THROUGH THE INTERNET AND UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE CHIP ATTACHED TO
THE CARTRIDGE. THE CHIP REMEMBERS THE NUMBER OF PAPER PRINTED SINCE THE PREVIOUS REFILLING. WHEN
THE PRE-SET NO. OF PAPER IS PRINTED, IT ASSUMES THAT THE CARTRIDGE CONTAINS NO MORE INK AND SO THE
CLIP STARTED TO GIVE THE "NO INK" MESSAGE AND STOPS WORKING.
I BELIEVE IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO "RESET" AND TO MAKE THE CHIP REALIZE THAT THE CARTRIDGE IS NOT "INK-LESS":
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW TO DO THE RESET?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Using refilled generic cartriges is not recommended and they can cause problems such as yours.

It is best to purchase products recommended by canon.

Other than, that I have no clue how to re-set a printer cartidge chip.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users