Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Security Shield virus removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 d_shaddox

d_shaddox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

I just went through the procedure on your site for removing the virus My Security Shield. Everything went fine until I reached the final step. I downloaded the Hostsperm.bat file and ran it. I then went in and deleted the Host file in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc to place the new file into it, I received the following error message,

You do not have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator for permission.
Would you like to save in the Debbie folder instead?

The problem is that I am the only person on this computer and I am signed on as admistrator. How do I get this file on my computer?

I am running Vista Business, Internet Explorer 8

Thank you
Debbie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users