Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling a Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meakre

meakre

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

I had installed a game on Windows 7 but have found I do not like it. I have tried to uninstall the game using the uninstall on the games cd, and the windows add/remove option. Both give me the same error, that I can not uninstall because "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." My account is an administrator account, and I have not had any other issues with installing or uninstalling programs. Can someone help me?

Peace out!
Paula
PEACE OUT!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

Right click and take 'ownership' http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-...p-shortcut.html
See if you can uninstall it now. :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Sevard

Sevard

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

You may also try to uninstall this using "Program and Features" in Control Panel or run Uninstaller with administrator privileges (Right click on the program .exe file and click on Run as administrator).

Edited by Sevard, 13 August 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#4 meakre

meakre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

That worked. Thank you so much.

Peace out!
Paula
PEACE OUT!