Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it GOOD? HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinjb

Kevinjb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

I'm considering to buy this computer but I want to make sure that its good and has everything in it that it will need.

I want to be able to run games like Crysis, Modern Warfare 2, Age of Conan, etc.

Also, please tell me if this price sounds correct for the specs it has. The computer is $860 USD.

These are the specs:

Intel Core i5 760 Processor (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
4 GB [2 GB x 2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 - 1GB (single card)
ASUS P7P55 LX Motherboard
600 Watt - Power Supply
750 GM Hard Drive --16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s

Also I'm curious as to if a Liquid CPU Cooling System is better/worse then a Thermaltake SpinQ CPU Cooing Fan System.

(Another side note :thumbsup: ) I basically know what Overclocking does for your computer but I vaguely remember reading that is may harm your computer? Is it true that you can damage your computer by Overclocking? (Also would the computer specs shown above be able to Overclock?)

Thanks in advance for any help / comments!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Here is some very good information on the GTS 250 as well as over-clocking in general.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/bfg_gts250_oc/

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Good review.

Anyways, the GTS250 will be a slideshow at any reasonable resolution in Crysis. Not a card I would buy if I needed to play games.

Yes, that motherboard overclocks.

Yes you can damage a CPU by overclocking by setting voltage too high, and not cooling the CPU properly.

Watercooling vs aircooling- not knocking your experience Kevinjb, but judging from your questions you don't have a lot od experience with this. Look at a Corsiar H50 or an H70 watercooling setup if you are thibnking about using water. The SpinQ is a mediocre cooler. Lots better out there for less money.

As far as price, I don't really have the specifics of that system. It could include a crappy $29 power supply or a great $79 one.

Ballpark cost without looking everything up..................~ $625.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users