Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Errors, Programs in Start will not start, freaky file behavior and more.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

I've been having trouble for a little while now. But just when I started up, I got something that worried me a little more( refer to attachment). Lately, the Programs listed in the Start tab will not open. I have to open the Task Manager to start my files. Also, as of late, when I try to organize files, such as photos and such, they act funny and jerk around to other spots. This happens with both single and multiple files, and it also occurs within the Bookmarks tab( I use Firefox). Sometimes even my text will go out of order in the text box( it just occurred within the Topic Title box).

I also have another dilemma. After I bootup and login, I always get a box that talks about a search interface in dynamiclinklibrary wlanapi.dlll. I'm almost positive it has to do with D-Link, my home networking, but I'm not sure what to do. it started after I installed Service Pack 3. I will get a screenshot on the next bootup, the popup mentioned above distracted me from getting it.

And more, these are taken from a previous topic of mine that was closed because I thought I had a virus problem, I'm pretty sure it's gone now, so I'll post it.
: Whenever I have a bunch of tabs open, or when one of the tabs is especially slow, my computer will shut right down and flash the blue screen. This happens all the time, and sometimes a couple times a day. Whenever I boot up afterwards, it says that my computer has recovered from a serious system error. That serious system error has probably happened at least a hundred times now, and I'm sick of it. It started popping up a while ago when I had a Google redirection virus( which has since been gotten rid of).

And lastly, when I go on blogs on Firefox, many of the links show as characters, not words. It's frustrating. I installed some kind of Japanese language thing a while back, it may be related to that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have so many frustrating things going on with my computer. I doubt I can solve all of the problems, and some may be more urgent than the rest, but I'll appreciate any help I can get on any of these problems.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

<<I've been having trouble for a little while now.>>

<<And more, these are taken from a previous topic of mine that was closed because I thought I had a virus problem, I'm pretty sure it's gone now...>>

If you really believe that the malware problem is gone...why are you posting details about it now? OTOH...if you have malware issues, we need to move this from the XP forum to those who are qualified to deal with malware issues.

Have you tried a clean install of XP...to try to focus on the source of your system problems?

That would also pretty much eliminate the possibility of malware carryover.

System manufacturer and model, please?

Louis

#3 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

<<I've been having trouble for a little while now.>>

<<And more, these are taken from a previous topic of mine that was closed because I thought I had a virus problem, I'm pretty sure it's gone now...>>

If you really believe that the malware problem is gone...why are you posting details about it now? OTOH...if you have malware issues, we need to move this from the XP forum to those who are qualified to deal with malware issues.

Have you tried a clean install of XP...to try to focus on the source of your system problems?

That would also pretty much eliminate the possibility of malware carryover.

System manufacturer and model, please?

Louis

I don't know if my current troubles are related to my past malware problem, I only started to notice the Blue Screen problem after I received help on it from here. ( It was a google redirection virus.) I don't know what a clean install is, sorry. I am using a Dell Dimension DE051, I believe I received it in 2004.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

Well...let's see if you have any malware problems, as a start.

Moving this to the Am I Infected forum...if you have issues when you get through our Malware Team...then we'll have a clearer path to trod down.

Louis

#5 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thanks!

#6 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

My computer shut down again and flashed the blue screen o' death, so i took that chance to take screenshots of the start-up popups.

After I logged-in, these popped up:
Posted Image

Detail from error 1:
Posted Image

Detail from error 2:
Posted Image

Detail from error 3:
Posted Image

If this is seen, can I be notified so i won't have to start a new topic? I'm aware that on here, a topic that has already has replies is usually ignored.

#7 blackbirdbree

blackbirdbree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Alright. If I don't receive a reply in the next day, I'm starting a new topic, I'll be putting it in the "Am I infected" section because hamluis seems to think I may have an infection, even though I just think my computer's screwy. No offense to hamluis. It will contain the same information.

Edited by blackbirdbree, 18 August 2010 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users