Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't login to some websites

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Usernameisnowtaken

Usernameisnowtaken

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

I hope this is in the right place- looked around and it seems the best.

Alright, so I can't login to some websites. They've worked before, and now they just won't login. Nothing happens when I click 'Enter' or 'Submit'- the page just sort of refreshes without logging me in. Some sites work, some don't. On some sites, when I request my password to be sent to me, it sends, and on others it does the same thing- just reloads the page without actually doing anything. It does this both on Internet Explorer and Firefox.

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it as I am completely clueless to what the problem is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dwarf

Dwarf

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Which sites are you having problems with? Other members here might possibly also be members of one or more of the sites in question and may be able to check for you to see if they can log in. In the mean time, try clearing your cookies and temporary internet files.

#3 Usernameisnowtaken

Usernameisnowtaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hmm I know it's not a problem with the site, as I'm able to sign on on different computers. And clearing my temp files and cookies didn't work :thumbsup:

#4 Dwarf

Dwarf

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

That narrows it down to your computer. Possibly an IE or FireFox addon causing the problems. Try disabling them all and check again. If you can now log on, then it is narrowed down to one of the addons being the culprit. Logout, and then enable an addon. Do this one at a time, and try logging in after each addon is enabled. Repeat until all addons have been checked.

#5 Usernameisnowtaken

Usernameisnowtaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

How do you disable or enable addons? I have a rough idea but don't want to make it worse by doing the wrong thing.

#6 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

open up your web browser, and go to "tools" and then manage add ons. Fiddle around in there and try diffent things. I am having the same problen as you at the moment. Just take note where you have enabled certain things so you can reset everything in case it dosn't work.Regards grassy

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#7 Usernameisnowtaken

Usernameisnowtaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

Ok, so I've been fiddling with the add-ons for about three days and accomplished aubsolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem Not only did it not work, but it didn't just suddenly happen- I had the problem on one site, then a few weeks later on the other.

Any other ideas?

#8 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

What browser(s) are you using?

#9 Usernameisnowtaken

Usernameisnowtaken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Interenet Explorer or firefox- same thing for both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users