Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 samsteffen

samsteffen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

I am looking for some advice and some recommendations on a good router that can be directly hardwired into my house and yet still have wireless capabilities.
I have everything I need to run the wire and jacks, Just looking for recommendations on a good router.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

What do you mean by directly into your house. Routers Require to be connected to a Modem and fed the Signal Via Ethernet. There are places that have ethernet ports in the wall where the modem is built into thier house already, if thats your case then any wireless router will work. If you Recieve internet via DSL or Cable, you will need to get the appropriate Modem and connect that to the phone line or cable line comming from the wall. You can also get a 2 in 1 peice where its a Modem and Router. They make them for DSL and Cable.

Reply what your situation is regarding your house and internet source.
Who is your Internet Service Provider?
Do you have a modem already?
Do you want a 2 in 1 modem/router or 2 seperate peices?
Are you looking for the BEST Router available, if so, write what you will be doing on the internet.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users