Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver problem help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 650038haig

650038haig

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:26 AM

ok let me just say im very good with computers there for i am an advanced computer user

My problem

I have completely reinstalled windows 7 on my new acer aspire 5251 because of a problem with starting up my computer the message it gave me was something about WINLOGON.EXE c:\windows\system32 Missing or corrupted then i booted up the windows 7 repair utility with the windows 7 cd with the bios. I ran system restore did not work i ran the startup repair did not work then i ran a memory test and it did not fix my problem i wanted to run system recovery but i did not have a image to use for the recovery an i did not have any recovery CDs that came with my computer.after 2 hours i gave up so i started up the bios to boot from cd and completely reinstalled windows 7 but because i reformatted my hardrive my network controller and my ethernet controller drivers ware missing i went to the acer Website and downloaded the drivers for the ethernet controller and network controller and i was able to get the ethernet controller driver installed but not the network controller installed i am getting this message ever time i run the installer for the network controller (wireless adapter not detected try unplugging and repluging it and try again) so how am i going do this when it was built into my laptop huh i took it back to best buy and they told me because i reformatted my computer i missed it up and they told me to phone acer an they shiped me recovery CDs but they do not work im getting this error when running the recovery CDs please continue with the current installations of OS but how the heck is that my OS is installed?

PLEASE HELP ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

If you are able to boot into windows, check device manager and see what devices may have an yellow exclamtion mark next to them.

If you any devices, try clicking update driver and point it to the network driver you have to see if it will install it.

Here is a link to the acer web site, I can not link you directly so you'll have to start with this box and click notebook, then aspire then choose 5251, look at the drivers list for Windows 7 http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?Languag...;CRC=2054404012

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 13 August 2010 - 05:23 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 650038haig

650038haig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

As i said i did all that it did not work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users