Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Network Addition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

I just currently replaced my old Linksys WRT54G with a newer WNDR3300 from Netgear and had a few questions.

1. The Router is Dual-Band, but how do I jump onto the 5 GHz channel from my netbook I only see the 2.4 GHz
2. I assume the Dual-Band feature is wireless only, so is there any way to futher improve my connection for gameplay via Xbox Live via ethernet?
3. Does Port Forwarding Work on Consoles and is there ports to forward for xbox live and the such?
4. I'm currently set up with default updated firmware and WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] encryption set up with a complex passphrase, Any suggestions on further securing my network?
5. Is it possible to still setup an Untangle box between either the modem and router or router and computers through a switch with this setup?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users