Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:59 PM
I just currently replaced my old Linksys WRT54G with a newer WNDR3300 from Netgear and had a few questions.
1. The Router is Dual-Band, but how do I jump onto the 5 GHz channel from my netbook I only see the 2.4 GHz
2. I assume the Dual-Band feature is wireless only, so is there any way to futher improve my connection for gameplay via Xbox Live via ethernet?
3. Does Port Forwarding Work on Consoles and is there ports to forward for xbox live and the such?
4. I'm currently set up with default updated firmware and WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] encryption set up with a complex passphrase, Any suggestions on further securing my network?
5. Is it possible to still setup an Untangle box between either the modem and router or router and computers through a switch with this setup?
Thanks and I appreciate any help.