Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search redirect issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jones59

Jones59

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi all

Approx 2 1/2 weeks ago my computer got infected with a bunch of nasties. Was using an old and out of date ESET antivirus program ( I know - don't yell). Started getting all kinds of popups and warnings that my computer was infected - and realized that my old ESET was not running.
Here is a list of some of the nasties:
Smitfraud-c
Fraud.Antimalwaredoctore
Fraud,Sysguard
ADrotator
PWS.LDPinchIE
win32.fakealert.ttam etc - etc - etc
well you get the picture
I used Super AntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, Spybot and Microsoft Essentials to remove all of this stuff - running them in normal mode and in safe mode.
Right now my computer does not have any infections using 3 of the above programs. Super AntiSpyware was removed because it would startup whenever it wanted to - don't understand that.
Well now I have this left over problem - Google search redirect - Whatever subject I search, page 1 of the results always comes back wrong - sites that don't have anything to do with the search subject. Page 2, 3 etc. look ok.

Clicking on any link will usually end up with an error from IE7 "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" although I can get through sometimes. Web pages that do load are usually not complete - IE will display "Done, but with errors"
At the time of the infection IE8 and the latest Firefox were my browsers. I uninstalled IE8 (now using IE7) and uninstalled and re-installed Firefox but that did not change anything.

Also I have 28 entries in Hijackthis that says - 010 unknown file in windsock LSP

I await your expertise!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users