Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tapatalk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MartynL

MartynL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

I've just joined the forum after someone gave me a link to it. It's excellent and along with Technibble are the only two techie forums i belong to. Just recently I found out about Tapatalk which makes browsing forums on an Iphone for example a really good experience. Have you looked into adding the functionality to your forum? I've no idea how it is done but I just checked and IPB is supported. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

First I have ever heard of it. Will look into it.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

I used it on a couple of my smf forums and it was very nice, I never had any issues with it. Here is the link to there website: http://www.tapatalk.com/

But seeing as I don't know what IP board version we use I have no way of knowing if it will work.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 bertie40

bertie40

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hi.
Using Tapatalk is a good idea as the layout is conducive to the iphone.

Podnutz and technibble use it.

I believe it is a quick, free 30 second signup for the admin.

Regards.

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hello.

The idea of using tapatalk is currently under consideration, but it may still be some time before we can implement it due to other, more pressing issues that require resolution first.

In the meantime, IPB (our board software) has it's own (free) iPhone app available. While it's not ideal by any means, it is functional enough for casual browsing and posting to the boards.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Yeah your right in saying the mobile version of IPB is not ideal, i hate it, its slow and has many errors but as you said it is "usable" to a certain extent. But what ya gonna do... Just hoping grinler keeps pluging away at those bugs from the forum update.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

I would just like to +1 this suggestion.

Tapatalk and its derivatives now provide access for iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7 (and a couple of others). It's free for BC if you just activate the Tapatalk plugin on the site.

Casey

Edited by Casey_boy, 03 April 2011 - 12:42 PM.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users