Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hwmoser

hwmoser

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

I'll looking for some help on making web graphics. I'm trying to make a title for a web page and it's just not turning out right. It looks fine in the graphics program (the new MS Acrylic beta - hey, its free) but when I save as either a jpg or gif, it loses something in the translation. When I put it on my page it is very rough and the transparency part is not looking good either.

So I guess what I'm asking for is either a tutorial that will help explain what I need to do and maybe a good (and cheap) graphics program.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

Probably the best full featured, and cheap (Free) graphics program, is Gimp.
There are a lot of tutorials for it on the internet, just Google Gimp tutorials.
If that's not what your looking for, you can find other free graphics programs here:
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

If you have Open Office , it has a full range of tool that make it easy to make web pages. My thirteen year old daughter uses it for creating and modifing her pages.
It's not a stand alone FrontPage, or Dream Weaver replacement, but it's fairly easy to use and if you already use it the learning curve is low.
I hope this helps.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users