Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 127721

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

I am a fairly savy user but i felt to post this problem up before i go crazy on this dell. I am using the program COMBOFIX which i find very very useful in many situations and have never had a problem with it. I go to use it on this Dell my friend brings in and i get a BAD_POOL boot screen and windows panics and dumps data... sigh f*** microsoft.... Would any of you users or professonals please help me with any advice that you might have? Thank you much.

( I am also useing XP professional)

Edited by 127721, 12 August 2010 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hi, first of all a warning: while combofix runs fine in many cases, it is a very powerful application and should only be run under the supervision of a trained helper. It can sometimes cause serious problems like your computer no longer booting at all.

If I understand you correct, the computer starts up fine, but combofix is cause it to crash. Or is the computer not starting at all after combofix was run?

I will move this topic to a more appropriate forum.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 127721

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Yes i am useing combo fix and it causes the BAd_pool crash. I am trying to get rid of a redirect worm and combo fix is usually really great. I have looked at the code and yea it is a chainsaw compared to most antivirus or malware programs. Any advice. The BAD_Pool blue screen is triggered by combofix but combofix is not the cause. It must be pre existing. Any ideas?

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Please try to follow the steps in this guide

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#5 127721

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

It worked. I love you.

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

You're quite welcome. :thumbsup:

regards, Elise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users