Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera 10.61 Released

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

Opera 10.61 has been released today. You can download it here.

Here are the change logs for this version: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/windows/1061/

User interface
Changed
  • "Fraud Protection" renamed to "Fraud and Malware Protection"
Fixed
  • Relative paths not working in the Filename setting for Speed Dial background
  • Premature shutdown when using vBulletin's WYSIWYG editor
  • Loading an animated png causes high CPU usage with no response from the browser
    yahoo.cn mailproviders SMTP entry not using a submission port
  • Changing the default cookie preference to "Accept all cookies"
  • Installing Opera 10.60 windows overwrites saved search preferences
Display and Scripting
Fixed
  • Google Calendar compatibility
  • Unite listening on UDP 1900 even if UPnP service discovery is off
  • Several cases where widgets will not run
  • Premature shutdown when loading qq.com
  • Setting the onload property of XMLHttpRequest blocks document memory from being garbage collected
  • Opera treating binary files as plain text (opening it in the browser instead of showing a download dialog)
  • Premature shutdown when loading the Canvas demo
  • Printing from print preview results in either a freeze or corrupted page
  • Widgets not having access to a network after restart
  • "Accept cookies" and "only from the site I visit" settings being incorrect in Preferences dialog
  • Premature shutdown occurring on startup of Opera under Windows 98
  • Disk cache not working correctly in turbo mode
Security
Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where heap buffer overflow in HTML5 canvas could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Kuzzcc; see our advisory.
  • Fixed an issue where unexpected changes in tab focus could be used to run programs from the Internet, as reported by Jakob Balle and Sven Krewitt of Secunia; see our advisory.
  • Fixed an issue where news feed preview could subscribe to feeds without interaction, as reported by Alexios Fakos; see our advisory.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

One day I downloaded Opera and thought it was pretty good until I went to login to my college's portal. It won't even let you login, it instantly throws up a "Browser may contain a security risk. We recommend you download the latest versions of IE, FF, Safari, etc."

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the update, it's almost done. :thumbsup:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 JonM33

JonM33
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

One day I downloaded Opera and thought it was pretty good until I went to login to my college's portal. It won't even let you login, it instantly throws up a "Browser may contain a security risk. We recommend you download the latest versions of IE, FF, Safari, etc."

That's not an issue with the browser. I came upon that same problem with my banking website that only wants people to use IE, Firefox or Safari.

To resolve it, you go to the website, right click on a blank area of the page and select Edit Site Preferences. Go to the Network tab and under Browser Identification you can select to mask as Firefox or IE. You can also remove automatic redirection if it is still an issue.

As long as there is a lock to show SSL authentication is secure then there isn't an issue.

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

That's not an issue with the browser. I came upon that same problem with my banking website that only wants people to use IE, Firefox or Safari.

To resolve it, you go to the website, right click on a blank area of the page and select Edit Site Preferences. Go to the Network tab and under Browser Identification you can select to mask as Firefox or IE. You can also remove automatic redirection if it is still an issue.

As long as there is a lock to show SSL authentication is secure then there isn't an issue.

I know its not the browser, but since that's a major thing I go to daily, I can't be bothered to "mask" it every time. The portal is also across multiple servers, once you login you switch between 3-4 different domains/servers(all of them throws out Opera).

But I am gonna look into that bypass and see what I can find.

Update: Nope. Doesn't work. I get to the login page, but it'll say incorrect password or ID(yes the id/pass is correct).

Edited by NpaMA, 14 August 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#6 JonM33

JonM33
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

It's very rare, if ever, that a website has an issue with Opera. I only managed to find one, my banking website, and it was resolved by masking it as another browser.

You can try the Opera support forums here. I am sure someone else might be able to provide better direction.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

That is most likely caused by the programing only supporting the three other browsers and not opera. My mother is a parts manager for a Chrysler and a ford dealer both of there online "connect" sites are internet explorer only and are programed that way.

Edited by computerxpds, 14 August 2010 - 10:25 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 JonM33

JonM33
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

Yes, some websites are programmed for IE specifically. They will use ActiveX plug-ins sometimes and only IE has that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users