Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connection problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kamerlet

kamerlet

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

My laptop is working fine but the wireless connect cuts out all the time. It never did this before and in the past two weeks is losing a connection routinely even when I am right beside the router.

I get the message "connection loss", and then I check the connection and it shows all but one bar and excellent connection. However, my connection is not working and I need to disconnect and reconnect. Additionally, when I click on the troubleshooting window it indicates my secruity key is not recognized and I should re-enter it. I've done this numerious times and found it's just easier to disconnect and reconnect.

The other two wireless computers in the house are working fine. I'm wondering if it's something with my computer. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares, why did they write a song about him?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Is your PC factory made or custom built? If its factory made(ex: store bought) post back the model number of it. If it's custom built, what type/model of wireless card do you have installed?

#3 toop4

toop4

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Adding to the question above: what OS do you have? Are drivers updated? (I've had this problem before, and it was because of the OS I was using, and outdated drivers.

Try and update all your drivers, see if that help.

#4 kamerlet

kamerlet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thank you both for responding.

My laptop is a factory made Toshiba Satellite A105 running XP. Everything seems to be up-to date w/drivers.

The problem persists but some days are worse than others. I was digging around looking for things out or place and got one troublshooting window that said something about one of the three server authentication points failed. I have no idea what this means. I wish I would have copied and pasted it. I'm going to try and research more on this. and post it back.

Thanks again.

#5 kamerlet

kamerlet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Everything has been connecting smoothly and staying connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users