Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security suite

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 foxpt

foxpt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

Just got infected with security suite yesterday. Had previously had the PRO Antivirus infection and followed instructions and cleared it up with no problems. My rkill and malwarebytes do not recognize any infection/malicious codes. I have updated the Malwarebytes files but doesnt recognize infection. What do I need to do? Download rkill and malwarebytes again? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 August 2010 - 01:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

BC Removal Guide, AV Security Suite.

I would try following (exactly) the suggestions/instructions in the above link.

Louis

#3 foxpt

foxpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Security suite required that I download malwarebytes again and re update in order to find the trojans. rkill never found any running malware processes in safe mode and could not be opened with the active virus. Thanks for the help! I'm writing this from my computer and back to using it. Thanks again and I hope this helps someone else.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:05 PM

I have a question about this: WHERE or HOW is a person picking up these new very nasty infections? Is it from visiting bad websites,bad downloads,poor Malware protection?
Any advice on how to be more safe against these and avoid them if possible? :thumbsup:

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:49 AM

I have a question about this: WHERE or HOW is a person picking up these new very nasty infections? Is it from visiting bad websites,bad downloads,poor Malware protection?

All of the above -
You need a good Antivirus , Regular (at least daily) scans and updates with antimalware (unless you have paid versions) and just be careful -
Many sites you just browse past (drive bys) can fully infect you with anything -
Just read some of the infections listed in the archives here and even visit Malwarebytes forum , where they have 100,s listed as easy DIY removal items , plus the ones that require an expert to delve deep to remove -

Thank You

#7 gamc

gamc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hello,

I have the Security Suite Virus (not AV Security Suite). I have followed your instructions, but nothing is working. I am unable to boot up in safe mode or safe mode using network; however, I was able to bypass the proxy and download both rkill and iExplore.exe. The latter works better as I at least see the "be patient" screen, but it never produces a list of files that it caught. It constantly closes down. All the fake alert screens are up, but still rkill is not catching anything. I have tried at least 200 times. : )

I hope you can help me! : )

#8 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

I had to remove a virus like that,but it tied up the computer and wouldn't let me do anything to fix it.
I found that doing a System Restore FIRST(To a date before the trouble began) got me to a point to where the computer would function,then run a good anti-malware in safe mode,then find and delete all the leftovers from the virus.
Maybe this will work for you...

#9 gamc

gamc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Thanks trappermike for taking the time to reply. I would be willing to try doing a system restore and then run my malware program, but I fear I won't be able to find and delete the leftover virus files.

This virus is making me nuts. I've invested about 8 hours so far in trying to fix it to no avail. Grrrrrrrrrrr Also, I am anal about running scans even though I'm hardly on my computer. I use Spyware Doctor and I do a scan on startup and also run full scan every week, plus McAfee scan weekly.

Edited by gamc, 22 August 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#10 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

You CAN remove the leftover virus files it only takes a little time and care.
First do a carefull system restore,pick a date bfore the virus when your machine was ok,then perform System Restore,hopefully it is successful,then you won't have the virus disabling everything you try to do.
Next download and update Malwarebytes if you can and run it in safe mode,run your Spyware Doctor too,I have a lot of success with it.Hopefully one of them finds the virus.
Now remove any leftovers. Go to Windows Search,type in the exact name of the virus and remove anything it finds. Go to My Computer(Double click),click on program files and remove it if you find it there. Go to regedit,type in the exact spelling,find and delete anything there(click F3 to continue the search after you find each item) Only remove entries that have the exact name,don't delete anything you're not sure about.
Delete all your temp.files,CCleaner is good for that.
You should be ok then! :thumbsup:
My favorite "Secret Weapon" for hard to find or remove malware is Norman Malware Cleaner,it will usually work when all else fails,do a google search and download it directly from Norman. Do not run it in safe mode.

I'm hoping this works for you. This whole procedure recently worked for me on a friend's computer.

#11 gamc

gamc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

Thanks again trappermike. I am trying to do the restore now. I'm not sure how it will turn out, it's been 3 hours and the restore is still running, and I don't have much software on my computer. I am about 1/2 the way done now. I will post back how it goes! Thanks again!

#12 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

Now just hope that you see a "Successfully Restored" window when it's finished,then you are going to succeed. :thumbsup:
If the system restore fails,try it again in Safe Mode,it sometimes runs faster that way too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users