Out of nowhere, I got some kind of virus/malware/adware. I'm a rather experienced PC user and I've tried to fix this, and searched everywhere but to no avail; that's why I'm here. This is an HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr laptop with Windows XP Professional SP3 installed. I'm using the Internet wirelessly through a Belkin F5D8233-4 v4000 router.
- Google links redirect 90% of the time on the first page only (green text shows "Infomash" most of the time, links go to bitstub.com)
- Firefox's search engine (keyword.URL) changes to hxxp://search.search-go.net/?sid=10101049100&s= (don't visit) every browser restart
- With AVG LinkScanner on, unable to use the Internet (not even AVG's Update Manager)
What I've tried:
- MBAM scan - Found and removed a few Rootkit.Droppers (80[A/C/8].tmp), Trojan.Clickers (seupd.exe and random *.htm), a Malware.Packer.Gen (mrcsxenawo.tmp) and 2 randomly named Adware.BHO's
- AVG - Found and removed trojan horses Agent2, FakeAlert, Generic18, and SHeur3
- TDSSKiller scan - Found and deleted after reboot "vqzyv.sys" and associated services
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool scan - "Alureon.H" found but actions unknown (no second scan)
- GooredFix scan - Looks clean, unsuccessful in fixing redirects
- Looked for/removed suspicious start-up programs/services
Please help me out here, and thank you in advance!