Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Remote Desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dknygino

dknygino

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

Hello All,

Since the recent Microsoft security updates were installed on my computer, I have been having a problem accessing my work server via remote desktop at home. After I login to the secure VPN server and launch remote desktop (port forwarder opens first in a java applet), IE crashes and tells me: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." It then asks if I want to send an error report or debug, etc.

Viewing the more detailed report tells me the following:
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: mstscax.dll
ModVer: 6.0.6001.18266 Offset: 0015bcfa

I have no idea how to get my remote desktop working again. I uninstalled and reinstalled IE8, it worked again for a while until the windows security updates were installed again.

Can anyone help me get my remote desktop working again? I asked my work IT but they said my access is fine and that it is a problem on my end.

Browser: IE8 version 8.0.6001.18702
My work does not support other browers for VPN access.
Most recent Java

Many Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users