Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatted XP trying to connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mriendeau1

mriendeau1

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hello. I hope this is the right section to post this in.

I recently reformatted a Windows XP desktop after it was behaving really slowly. It's my moms computer and she has had it since 2003 or so. Anyways the modem is an actiontec m1424wr verizon router. can anyone tell me how to reinstall a Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet adapter 88E8050 V7.14.1.3 PCI card?

I have tried downloading 2 different zipped folders containing Driver's, .DLL's and INF's for Ethernet card and put them in the proper location (I think) in the system.

I have tried over and over through device manager to update driver and reinstall driver. The wierd thing is I opened the machine and saw no cards installed. all PCI slots were empty, which leads me to believe its an onboard ethernet card.

The drivers i found and have tried so far are: Yukonwxp.sys, and yk51x64.sys.
The DLL's :mrvdlg.dll, and yk51x64.dll
The inf's: yukonwxp.inf, and yk51x64.inf

The bloody Verizon guys didn't give her the Modem Installation CD when they came otherwise I'd probably be up and running on it by now.

Thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I don't do wireless networking, so I can't do anything other than point you to http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin...WRSecurity2.pdf.

Someone else will give you the details you need :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

Go here: http://www.marvell.com/support.html

Select your OS and chipset.

You will download a file named setup_v11.27.1.3.zip. There's an executable in there. Run it and it should install the driver for you.

#4 mriendeau1

mriendeau1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

Hello.

Thanks for the response. I have gone to that site before i posted this topic thats where i got the Files i tried.

There is no place in that link to Put your chipset type only operating system and model number. However after putting my model number and choosing windows xp x86 it lets me download a zip called yk51x86 v11.27.1.3 or yk60x86 v11.27.1.3

Assuming these are the correct files (even though my ethernet card is v7.14.1.3) I need to know what to do with the files and where to put them.

There is no EXE in either of the folders. I have not been ale to locate setup_v11.27.1.3.zip

thanks again

Edited by mriendeau1, 12 August 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

please extract that zip file...and see does on that extracted zip folder contain .INF file...if yes maybe you need to update the driver manually from device manager...

I have try to download setup_v11.27.1.3.zip and extract it...and it have setup.exe...try to install it...it okay and finish but the problem I dont have that adapter...so I dont know is it done install or not...

do you choise W2000/WXP/2003/Vista/Win x86 and x64 Multi-Language Installer (32- and 64-bit) for Yukon Devices to download

Edited by abauw, 12 August 2010 - 08:46 AM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#6 mriendeau1

mriendeau1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Well I'm connected to the internet now. Thanks so much for the help. I manually searched for the Setup zip via google found it. Ran the exe file. And boom! connected. Now im ust updating through microsoft.

Thanks again for the help

#7 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Glad to hear your problem solved :thumbsup:

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash: