Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!! Bad Virus!!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Viper2191

Viper2191

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hello guys, I have a huge problem. I have a dell laptop
, dual core processor, 4GB of ram, and it had windows 7. Somehow I got a horrible virus, because it showed anti vir scanning, and I did not have it installed. After that I started getting popups that said your computer is infected, and I was being re-directed to the browser, which was auto set to dirty websites. Closed that out, and said ok let me run task manager. The virus would not let me open up any program. I opened up task manager, and it automatically closed, then a popup box on the bottom right said that task manager was infected, which it was not, but it is a part of the virus. Every single program I tried to open, would automatically close and the same result. Booted in safe mode, no virus. I got sick of it, could not do anything, so I deleted windows 7, and downloaded Linux for free, and thats what Im using now.

I thought the virus was gone, but I am still getting weird stuff. Even though I installed Linux, and deleted the hard drive and re formatted it, and Linux runs fine with no errors, I tried to install copies of windows XP, and 2000 that I own. I would rather operate a windows machine, Linux isnt stable enough for me. Anyways, every single time I boot my laptop with the XP installation CD, and the 2000 CD, it starts up fine, opening up files to start the setup process/ You see all the .DLL file son the bottom bar, ticker. After, that the blue screen of death. Forgot most of what it said, but I do remember it saying something about an inaccessible boot device, and it could not go on installing windows. Thats weird, but I installed and I am running Linux off the hard drive!!! I just want to install XP, or 2000. But I keep getting this blue screen of death, something about in accessible boot device. ????? Could it be a boot sector virus? Even if the boot sector is messed up how was I able to use the Linux, and install it fine????? Someone please help, why is all this happening, I thought i deleted the hard drive. All I want to do is put either XP, or 2000 on this machine. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hi,
I see you put the blame on Windows 7. Windows 7 had nothing to do with it. What you got was the Rogue called AntiVir solution Pro, a rogue designed to imitate the legitimate Avira Antivir Antivirus. You took the aggressive route, that's for sure. And it is possible for Windows 2000 or XP to be installed there. Unless you threw out the Windows 7 disc?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 Viper2191

Viper2191
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

I never blamed my problem on windows 7. I reread my post, and nope nvr did blame it on 7. And I don't have the windows 7 cds, because when I bought the laptop it already had windows 7 on it, came with no cds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users