Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sandboxing Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oseyerus13

Oseyerus13

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

I have been running Bufferzone Pro for half a year now. I was wondering if anyone here has used this software before, and whether anyone know how effective or useful it is. I have found that when I get viruses my anti-virus program doesn't pick up, the software has always been able to remove it by just emptying the virtual environment. Has anyone found this software to be ineffective, however? If so, does anyone have a recommendation for better sandboxing software? Thanks so much for all your help!

Oseyerus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

I've never used that program but I have used Sandboxie. It's quite effective.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

#3 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Some of the Norman products use sandbox technology,and although it mays have a few minor flaws I found it's malware fighting abilities terrific! I Beta tested Norman Security Suite Pro and found it excellent,it found malware that even Avira had missed!
Sadly the free beta test was limited to a few months(I was hoping unlimited),but I certainly rate it one of the best I've tried!
I believe you can get a month free trial of it,with all functions working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users