Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hjt-jrcorwin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jrcorwin

jrcorwin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:41 PM

Alright folks I need your help. Last week I did something very stupid and downloaded a file that I should have known was not safe. I was half asleep and running on automatic. Basically I had to clean up a few things. I am having trouple right now remembering the name of the virus, but is the one that replaces your wallpaper with a blue with...with text stating that you are infected. That was not a big deal. I had the software available on my computer to clean up most of it after 2 or 3 restarts. I had only one problem remain after this process. I use Trend Micro due to the fact that the Symantec products were hogging resources. I kept getting a message telling me that something was wrong with C:\windows\system32\st3.dll. It didn't take me long to google information about how to remove this file. I actually found it here I believe. Anyway, I set it to delete while restarting my computer. That worked so problem solved, right? Well, not exactly. I have one little remaining problem which occured due to the clean up. I am afraid that I removed a registry key or a program that was needed. Here is what is happening:

Certain programs (Freeram XP Pro 1.5-found at www.download.com is the main issue) are not appearing correctly. When I start the program...not all of the window appears. For instance...when I try to close it a little box pops up...which is normal...asking me to confirm "Yes" or "No". Ok, that little box comes up fine...but the buttons to click yes or no are not there. It's transparent...I can see right through the little rectangles where the bottons should be...right straight through to my desktop. Also, Freeram XP Pro 1.5 appears as an icon in my system tray. Now that I have this little issue however that icon is just a black, square icon with nothing else. Normally it would display the amount of free ram I have, allowing me to free some up if needed. I believe that whatever is causing this problem is causing minor visual issues with other programs as well. Also, I clean install did not work. (All I did was uninstall, remove program files remaining, and reinstall) Something tells me that someone on here can look at the program, tell what type of technology it is built on, and identify exactly and easily what the problem is. Someone will more computer savy than me anyway. I hope it is that easy anyway. Thank you very much everyone for you help with this matter. I look forward to participating on these forums in the future.

Sony Vaio PCG-K35
Windows XP SP2 with all available updates
Using newest realeases of Firefox and IE (no betas)

Thank You,

Jrcorwin

P.S. - I just remembered the other program that is giving me trouble. Extract Now 3.35 will not even start. I have reinstalled and everthing. This is an important tool to me and it just won't work. I am having to a different one which I just don't like. Thank you again.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:37:21 PM, on 10/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WISPTIS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://webmail.iu.edu/in
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Insight Broadband
O2 - BHO: blank - {1B68470C-2DEF-493B-8A4A-8E2D81BE4EA5} - blank (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiSmart] C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb12.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
O4 - Startup: palmOne Registration.lnk = C:\Program Files\palmOne\register.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.insightbb.com
O16 - DPF: {02CF1781-EA91-4FA5-A200-646E8241987C} (VaioInfo.CMClass) - http://esupport.sony.com/support/pops/mdldetect/VaioInfo.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2AF5BD25-90C5-4EEC-88C5-B44DC2905D8B} (DownloadManager Control) - http://dlmanager.akamaitools.com.edgesuite...vex-2.0.3.3.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLaunc...iveLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {54B52E52-8000-4413-BD67-FC7FE24B59F2} (EARTPatchX Class) - http://simcity.ea.com/update/EARTPX.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1118459221807
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1124337505074
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {C36661D7-3590-45B1-80B5-520839E94DAD} (MaxisSimCity4PatcherX Control) - http://simcity.ea.com/update/MaxisSimCity4PatcherX.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as...rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} (iTunesDetector Class) - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d.../ITDetector.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/hpdj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?326
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{70BC0A9B-C3D2-4007-B06B-3C9C6D646837}: NameServer = 12.241.8.3,12.241.8.2
O20 - Winlogon Notify: st3 - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tcpG4T - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tcpG4T.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\OBJECT~1\WINDOW~1\fastload.dll
O21 - SSODL: SysTray.Exsn - {2368D1FC-2F5C-4f1b-B124-E67214FC78E2} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lahcfena.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpbpro.exe
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpboid.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\IntegratedServer\HTTP (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Addons\Packages\Mobile\Gateway" /DisplayName="VAIO Media Gateway Server (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Automatic Updates - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\temp\windowsautomaticupdates.exe (file missing)

Edited by jrcorwin, 28 October 2005 - 11:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 viccy

viccy

Malware Exterminator

• Security Colleague
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:41 AM

Welcome to BC forum. Sorry you've had to wait, but we stay very busy here.

Scan with Hijack This and put a checkmark next to the following entry:
O2 - BHO: blank - {1B68470C-2DEF-493B-8A4A-8E2D81BE4EA5} - blank (file missing)
(this 02 entry refers to the st3 infection)
O16 - DPF: {2AF5BD25-90C5-4EEC-88C5-B44DC2905D8B} (DownloadManager Control) - http://dlmanager.akamaitools.com.edgesuite...vex-2.0.3.3.cab
O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLaunc...iveLauncher.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: st3 - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tcpG4T - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tcpG4T.dll
O21 - SSODL: SysTray.Exsn - {2368D1FC-2F5C-4f1b-B124-E67214FC78E2} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lahcfena.dll

Close all windows and browsers and click "fix checked".

Next, navigate to this file and delete what I have in bold .
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tcpG4T.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lahcfena.dll

Next, download CleanUp 4.0, install and run it. Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.

It may ask you to reboot at the end, click NO.

Next, download CleanUp 4.0, install and run it. Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.

It may ask you to reboot at the end, click NO.

Please follow the instructions provided, you may want to print out these instructions and use them as a reference.

First:
Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
    • Install background guard
    • Install scan via context menu
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will now open to the main screen.
  • When you run ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
  • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
    • On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
    • Then click on Start Update.
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Restart your computer and immediately begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
    If done right a Windows Advanced Options menu will appear. Select the Safe Mode option and press Enter.
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
    • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
    • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
    • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
    • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
Restart your computer and post a new Hijack This log along with the Ewido Report

Edited by viccy, 02 November 2005 - 11:57 AM.

#3 jrcorwin

jrcorwin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:54 PM

Ok, I stopped the ewido scan halfway through. It was taking forever to scan my mp3 files. Therefore I have two reports for it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:47:26 PM, on 11/3/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb12.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\system\em_exec.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\My Documents\My Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://webmail.iu.edu/in
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Insight Broadband
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb12.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiSmart] C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime Alternative\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaFace Integration] C:\Program Files\Fellowes\MediaFACE 4.0\SetHook.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.insightbb.com
O16 - DPF: {02CF1781-EA91-4FA5-A200-646E8241987C} (VaioInfo.CMClass) - http://esupport.sony.com/support/pops/mdldetect/VaioInfo.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {54B52E52-8000-4413-BD67-FC7FE24B59F2} (EARTPatchX Class) - http://simcity.ea.com/update/EARTPX.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1118459221807
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1124337505074
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {C36661D7-3590-45B1-80B5-520839E94DAD} (MaxisSimCity4PatcherX Control) - http://simcity.ea.com/update/MaxisSimCity4PatcherX.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as...rl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {D719897A-B07A-4C0C-AEA9-9B663A28DFCB} (iTunesDetector Class) - http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/d.../ITDetector.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/hpdj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?326
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{70BC0A9B-C3D2-4007-B06B-3C9C6D646837}: NameServer = 12.241.8.3,12.241.8.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DC6A18BD-E4BF-4834-929D-19899E5524CF}: NameServer = 12.241.8.3,12.241.8.2
O18 - Filter: text/html - {8253D547-38DD-4325-B35A-F1817EDFA5F5} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\OBJECT~1\WINDOW~1\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpbpro.exe
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpboid.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) (SharedAccess) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\IntegratedServer\HTTP (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Addons\Packages\Mobile\Gateway" /DisplayName="VAIO Media Gateway Server (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Automatic Updates - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\temp\windowsautomaticupdates.exe (file missing)

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 11:36:31 PM, 11/2/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 3DC77B1E

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX.1\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\ins -> Spyware.WebRebates : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/back.gif\\.Owner -> Spyware.iLookup : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/back.gif\\{99802379-7362-40E2-9D28-8A3B9AF880B7} -> Spyware.iLookup : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/version.txt\\.Owner -> Spyware.iSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/version.txt\\{1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} -> Spyware.iSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/winhot32.dll\\.Owner -> Spyware.iLookup : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\C:/WINDOWS/system32/winhot32.dll\\{99802379-7362-40E2-9D28-8A3B9AF880B7} -> Spyware.iLookup : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{016235BE-59D4-4CEB-ADD5-E2378282A1D9} -> Spyware.AproposMedia : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{0494D0D1-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC} -> Spyware.MyWay : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{0494D0D9-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC} -> Spyware.MyWay : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{1C78AB3F-A857-482E-80C0-3A1E5238A565} -> Spyware.iSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{8B224779-3B0E-4FEA-8AE1-B66C20DD840F} -> Spyware.HotBar : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0494D0D1-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC} -> Spyware.MyWay : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-1556778317-1929538061-2989635098-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0494D0D9-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC} -> Spyware.MyWay : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecTaskMan\tcpG4T.dll.q_8040_q -> TrojanSpy.Goldun.bp : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.7:C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\61lj7od4.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.10:C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\61lj7od4.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.11:C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\61lj7od4.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\61lj7od4.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\61lj7od4.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\Local Settings\Application Data\Wildtangent\Cdacache\00\00\07.dat/files\wtvh.dll -> Spyware.WildTangent : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Corwin\My Documents\Half Life Keygen\opm.exe -> TrojanDownloader.INService : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 8:23:38 PM, 11/3/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 483B5277

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\CMSystem\CMSystem.exe -> Spyware.CASClient : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\CMSystem\plugin.dll -> Spyware.CASClient : Cleaned with backup
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP1\A0000029.dll -> Worm.Prox.c : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\kufhfyi.exe -> Spyware.Hijacker.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\q3180793.dll -> Spyware.Hijacker.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\countrydial.exe -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqfpllmb.exe -> TrojanDropper.Small.afo : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msudp4.sys -> TrojanSpy.Goldun.bf : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\tool3.exe -> TrojanDownloader.VB.qr : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

#4 viccy

viccy

Malware Exterminator

• Security Colleague
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:25 PM

Scan with Hijack This and fix the following entries:
O18 - Filter: text/html - {8253D547-38DD-4325-B35A-F1817EDFA5F5} - (no file)

How is your computer behaving now?

#5 viccy

viccy

Malware Exterminator

• Security Colleague
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users