Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panda Software Crashes System

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 raulphie

raulphie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

I have an apparent incompatibility problem between Panda Virus Internet System 2.0 (updated to latest version) and a Nvidia graphics driver on my 2002 Dell Inspiron 8200 notebook which runs on Windows XP. The Panda software was installed yesterday after removing Norton 2003 (updated to present) SecurityWorks, several downloaded freeware malware removal programs (Spybot, AdAware and PTtools). Panda worked "fine" after 1 crash, allowing me to register, update it and scan my computer one time. Actually impressed me with its performance. Today however, attempts to open Panda consistantly crashed my system, bringing up a blue screen muttering things about driver problem, BIOS updates and referencing "win32.sys-address BF8BE384 base at BF800000, DATESTAMP 42251192". The computer then boots itself back up and a Microsoft message appears in a screen, "serious error...", with 2 references:
1. C:\DOCUME(high horizontal sqiggle, I don't have a computer character for this so abbreviation is HVS))1\(my personal file name followed by HVS1\LOCALSHVS1\Temp\WERf8e8.dir00\Mini102805-03.dmp
2. Identical to above except the ending after ...dir00\sysdata.xml.
Whatever all that means, (my knowledge of computer operations is very basic), I sent the error report and went to a Windows page that stated an "unknown error occurred in Nividia Graphics Driver". An update was suggested, so I downloaded the latest driver update, from 2003. When I tried to restart my computer, Windows wouldn't load. I pressed down F8 and did a restore to last working setting. Windows then loaded, minus the downloaded driver file, of course. The same problem with same results repeated. I contacted Microsoft ("not our problem') Panda ("call Dell") and Dell said the Nividia driver was a red herring , that there was still parts of antiviral/malware programs causing the crash. 8 hours later after many conversations with support techs, removing every trace of these programs ncluding manually from the registry, the problem continues. Any help on this would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users