Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im new, and could use some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tski94

tski94

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

First of all I would like to say hello :thumbsup:

Now, I have a problem, and don't know where to post it :trumpet:

I have a Dell Inspiron i530s Desktop (i think thats right)
Everytime I start it up, it freezes on the Dell Logo screen. It has been doing this for a while. However, sometimes it will just start-up after I restart it a few times.

Well today its not doing anything. I'm going through the steps on Dell.com about this problem, but thought I should get an opinion from a community of other, normal people.

Any ideas? Thanks! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimYH

TimYH

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Welcome! Hope you get your problem fixed, there are plenty of very bright people who hang around here who will be able to help you out.
I like to think I know a bit about computers, I apologize if my advice is not sound or clear. I try my best to give good answers.

Line of Defense
aVast! | Comodo | Malwarebytes

#3 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

is it still under warranty? if so work through it with them so we don't help you void any warranty :thumbsup:

If not, try unplugging your drives and booting with just your motherboard cpu power supply ram and graphics. It should take you to a prompt saying no operating system found if its working right. If not, let us know what it does.

Oh also you can usually hit tab to remove the dell logo screen and have it show you what its really doing behind the logo....

Edited by Kalon Wiggins, 11 August 2010 - 02:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users