Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

copy and paste

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 tbelle

tbelle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:50 AM

It seems like I can copy but to paste it does not work. But every now than it does work and stops. It seems like certain things will paste on clipboard. It almost seems like something happened to clipboard. Need help with this. I'm not computer smart. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

Hi -

It seems like I can copy but to paste it does not work. But every now than it does work and stops.

Are you directing this to any particular program ?? I just did a copy and paste of your question above then "Wrap it in Quote tags" by , Right swipe to highlight the text and click on the "Wrap in qoute tags" -

Copy = Right swipe to Highlight the item and then press Ctrl+C - Paste = Click where I wanted it and pressed Ctrl+V -

#3 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

I tried two diffrent sites I use it to copy recipes, then tried to copy e-mail ,neither one would work. like I said I don't have much computer know how so my brother will try come over and try what you told me, to make sure I'm doing it right later this afternoon. but I dont think the ctrl buttons are working. Iwant to Thank You for your advice it is very nice to try and help me. After my brother checks it out I will write back.

#4 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Do some tests. Did you try the other control key? Did you try both Ctrl-Insert and Ctrl-V? Did you try the paste command from the Edit menu. Finally, you can use ClipSpy to view what’s actually in the clipboard to narrow down the point of failure.
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#5 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

control-c is definately the best way to copy. It could be a formatting problem too.

Try opening notepad and pasting your recipe into there and let us know if that works.

To open notepad go to start > run > notepad

Control-V to paste.

Good luck!

#6 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

control-c is definately the best way to copy. It could be a formatting problem too.

Try opening notepad and pasting your recipe into there and let us know if that works.

To open notepad go to start > run > notepad

Control-V to paste.

Good luck!

#7 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

It did not work when I went to notepad. what would happened is when I hit notepad I lose the interenet,when the cut, copy paste square comes on it is all high lighted but the paste word. I have adware for my spyware is that a good spyware but I have to say that was not working when my brother checked it. It hadn't been working for awhile. I just don't know if I will ever get it working. My computer is a Hp. None of the ctrl c or ctrl v work. I do have other people try to this so it's not just me, they can't get it to work either. Thank You for all the advise.

#8 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

does control-c and control-v work from other websites? Might just be the site you are trying to copy from is protected from people copying. Also try cutting and pasting from one document to another.

If it doensn't work from any websites try running a malwarebytes scan and seeing what you come up with. Here's how:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial

#9 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

We know how to copy and paste using shorcuts and menues. That is not the problem. the problem is that we tried to copy from the internet, note pad, word and other programs. We highlight copied using shortcut, and using file, menu, etc. Go go to paste, it either does not paste using shortcut or paste is not highlighted in file, menu.

We went to look on the clipboard. We get a bunch of flashing pages. We downloaded Spyclip, but are unsure of how to run it to look into the clipboard contents. ANy suggestions?

#10 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

We went to look on the clipboard. We get a bunch of flashing pages. We downloaded Spyclip, but are unsure of how to run it to look into the clipboard contents. ANy suggestions?

Okay then forget ClipSpy, depending on which version of Windows you are running, you should be able to use the built-in clipboard viewer. Go to Start->Run->clipbrd.exe (you may have to run it twice if you are running Windows XP). Copy some text and see if it shows up in the Clipboard Viewer.

If it does not, then there is something blocking copying (I have seen this occur with some websites/Flash apps for example in an attempt to prevent the user from copying things; they are horribly obnoxious because they work by continuously, in an infinite loop, copying an empty string to the clipboard or emptying the clipboard—which also sucks CPU cycles). If this is the case, then you will need to take a look at what is running on your system to figure out what is blocking your attempts to copy.

If the text does appear in the Clipboard Viewer, then there is something blocking you pasting. I have not seen anything that blocks pasting however, so that would require more analysis.

From your description (or more accurately, my interpretation of your description), it sounds like you are saying that the Paste option of the copy-editing menu is grayed out (ie not possible / disabled). If that is the case, then scenario one is likely the case (copying is being blocked).
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#11 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the ideas. When we open the clipboard and view it, we see flashing screens of what is up on the desk top. AS soon as it stopped flashing, I deleted it, went to your response and copied some text. Went back to the clipboard and saw it on there. Opened up Notepad to see if it would copy and the screen on the clipboard went crazy again and I couldn't copy the words. When something does copy, it seems to be a picture of the last thing on the desk top.

#12 tbelle

tbelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

When trying to copy something off-line, i.e. from note pad or word, the same thing happens, so it is not just on websites.

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

I suggest, you post in "Am I Infected?" forum to see, if your computer is clean.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#14 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

I suggest, you post in "Am I Infected?" forum to see, if your computer is clean.

Not necessary.

Thanks for the ideas. When we open the clipboard and view it, we see flashing screens of what is up on the desk top. AS soon as it stopped flashing, I deleted it, went to your response and copied some text. Went back to the clipboard and saw it on there. Opened up Notepad to see if it would copy and the screen on the clipboard went crazy again and I couldn't copy the words. When something does copy, it seems to be a picture of the last thing on the desk top.

Your PrtScr key is stuck. Check it.

(Try pulling it up, or tapping it hard several times. If the cap is removable, pull it off, remove any dust/hair/etc., and clean off any sticky juice/etc. with a cotton swab.)

Edited by Synetech, 12 August 2010 - 11:38 PM.

-- Synetech

#15 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

Not necessary.

??

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users