Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO Vista Start-Up audio/ Black Background/ NO Icons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Megan S.

Megan S.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Previous post and Computer specs

:huh: When the computer boots up, there's no "Window Start-Up Chimes".

And I have to post on my friends computer because another problem is that there is absolutely no YouTube audio in any of the videos. Including Metacafe, Dailymotion, or any other FLV forms of media. This isn't a speaker, codec, or outdated Flash problem since my iTunes, VLC, and BS.Player can be heard normally.

So when I really need to view a YouTube video, I have to go to KeepVid and download the video, just to actually even hear it.
I searched the problem and found this. Which I tried -But still no audio.

Another problem is that I'm unable to set any photo as my 'Desktop Background', just solid black.
And many of my Icons seems to be missing or unable to resize properly.

I mean, I really have no idea why it's like this.
:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

Sounds like it may be two separate issues.

As far as the flash goes, the first step I would try would be to uninstall every version of flash from Add/Remove programs, then reinstall the latest from adobe.com

The second sounds like troubles with the Themes service.

Open a run box by pressing "Windows Key" + R. Type "cmd" and press Enter. This should open an Administrator command prompt.

Type "net start themes" and post the output here.

#3 Megan S.

Megan S.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I tried that "net start themes" method for the black background & no-icons problem, and got this

And re-installing the latest versions of Adobe Flash & Macromedia didn't work, still no audio. :huh:

Edited by Megan S., 12 August 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#4 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

I know this sounds redundant but did you uninstall the old ones first? Uninstall it again, run this: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe and try reinstalling again. I know it's a pain, but it's good to be sure about these things, and all the adobe products often have wacky problems.

From that same administrator command prompt type "sfc /scannow" and if it's anything but successful, post the output.

If it is sucessful, maybe it's time to post in the Am I Infected? forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users