Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobo Help!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 factualpuuddle

factualpuuddle

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

i recently bought a new mobo and it had a p4 1.3 ghz cpu, i was happy, then, i forgot ram...and...finally i got it. Now, the prob is, the mobo doesnt have an integrated video card, so i thought: no big deal, ill use mine, i plugged mine in and stuff...then...no video, at all, the light on the moniter doesnt even turn green, and the hard drive starts and stuff, but the floppy and CD dont...any help??? please...
Current Game:Malgore
+ Code: |||| 25%
+ Graphics: || 11%
+ Story: | 5%

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

Are we talking about an AGP graphics card? Maybe your mobo doesn't support it's speed (2X, 4X,8X). Have you got a manual where you can check the specs? If not post the make and model back here.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:16 PM

Try to reseat your RAM, and cards.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 factualpuuddle

factualpuuddle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:29 AM

its a PCI card, and i have tried 2 diff. ones, i tried my 128 mb one and a really old 8 mb one...i have also tried reseating pretty much everything in the computer...

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to see if it works? Have you tried and monitor on your new computer to see if it could possibily be the new computer (maybe motherboard).

#6 factualpuuddle

factualpuuddle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:01 PM

i have tried another moniter and it still wont work ad i know for sure the one i tried works...

i am also gonna reformat the hard drive...

Edited by factualpuuddle, 01 November 2005 - 02:02 PM.

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

How will you format the hard drive if you have no video?

#8 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

It's nothing to do with your hard drive - even if you don't have a hard drive connected the monitor should display POST test results ("boot messages") when you boot up. There's something wrong with your system which is preventing it from booting... are there any other PCI cards? If so take them out. Are you sure the RAM is the correct type and seated properly?

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users