Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing will load in Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cherold

cherold

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

I haven't been able to use Internet Explorer for a while. In itself, that doesn't matter to me, but I'm having some oddities with other software (like turbo lister) so I've been trying to get IE to work.

This is on Windows XP Pro.

First I had IE8 installed. Everytime I started it up, I would see the window for a second and then it would disappear. No error message.

I uninstalled IE8, which downgraded me to IE6. IE6 came up, but the first page displayed to customize my settings remained blank. Opening a new tab, typing in a url would do nothing; the url would just disappear when I hit enter. To get rid of the "customize my settings" page I went into the registry and told IE that it had already down the "run once" command, but getting rid of that didn't help.

I installed IE7, just because it was the only version left. Like 6, the homepage (which is msn.com) is blank. If I type in a URL like google.com I get a message that http://google.com is currently unavailable.

With both IE6 and IE7, the close button does not work, I have to kill it through the task manager.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users