Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jac4123

jac4123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

i purchased a used toshiba satellite (A135-S4527).........it came with no windows applications (apperntly they were wiped out when a new hard drive was put in before i purchased it)......I am having issues with the sound not being loud enough to actually hear and understand the videos etc.... i am trying to play...

i am no expert to computer applications but each setting i know of is set to the maximum where the sound is.....from the sound wheel at the front of the laptop, to the setting where the speaker is on the bottom right of the screen..........

i have sound, but not loud enough even at the highest setting i know to set my computer at.............

can someone shed some light, and sound, on this issue for me?

It has two small speakers on the keybord at the top left and right portions....................just not loud enough...........

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

thanks

jc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

I'm not sure that I understand you completely. You bought this without any Windows applications, does this mean that you don't have a Windows operating system?

If a new hdd was installed and a operating system was installed, were the drivers for the Toshiba installed? This could be an issue with the audio drivers.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 RingBearer

RingBearer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I experience it too. IMO It has something to do with how the original person ripped the video file. Some clips I have here are barely audible, some are normal, some are low but can be heard if I raise the volume up.

I have a pair of powered outboard speakers and often the sound is just not loud enough. I've tried using several medial players, tried boosting the levels within windows, researched everything I can get my hands on in Google and have not found a solution. I live with it. I wind up holding the speakers to my ear on some clips.

Sometimes you can't even raise the volume because the sound immediately clips, driving the speakers into horrible distortion. (I'm sure they are close to blowing even though they are only modestly loud.) Funny too, as some clips I can listen to with the walls shaking, makes no sense.

I'll be checking this thread to see if any solutions pop up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users