Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 won't open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 beezerlm

beezerlm

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Hello,
Last week our office computer had signs of a virus so I restored it to a couple days back. I then ran windows update and it installed IE8. Our Quickbooks software will not function properly with IE8 installed so I then restored the computer one more time and reinstalled IE7. IE7 will not open now. It starts and then shuts down. If i go to internet option and try to open that it does the same thing? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Your system may still be infected.

System Restore will allow you to restore your system's configuration to a previous state. In some cases that means that viruses or spyware will be "undone" as part of the process. But system restore does not remove infected files from your system, and you can quickly get infected again. It also does nothing to prevent new threats from arriving.

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_get_rid_of_spywar...em_restore.html

Your best bet is to post in Am I Infected where the experts will determine if the system is infected or not.

Before posting, please read this Before You Post About A Problem, Some simple guidelines

#3 beezerlm

beezerlm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Ok,
I will post there.

Brandon

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Now that you have posted a malware thread in the Am I Infected forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a BC Staff member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere.

Any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Please be patient.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users