It ALSO seemed to have disabled my system restore and deleted all my previous restore points because I used to use System Restore as my first try to delete a virus, but when I opened it up - all my restore points had been deleted. I had it set up to set a restore point once a week. This may be unrelated.
Either way - I've tried Malware Bytes, TDSSRootkiller or whatever it's called, Ad-aware, Spybot: S+D, and Kapersky Internet Suite 2010.
I've found various things throughout my scanning - and destroyed them - but none of them seem to be the redirect virus.
I'm running XP with SP 2 and I use Firefox as a browser.
Edited by bloomingdedalus, 10 August 2010 - 11:09 AM.