Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode Boot Failure, Normal Boot Successful, Interesting.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Comrade Penguin

Comrade Penguin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

I have in my possession a hard drive with Windows XP Pro 64-bit. The OS resides on an NTFS file system partition of half of a 500 Gig hard drive. It is part of a custom built system and has had only been formatted once. This installation has been active for about six months. It did encounter a virus which infected the System Restore files and thus were cleared via safe mode. Since that time Safe Mode has been inaccessible. Consistently stopping at the acpitabl.dat file.

However, when booting Windows normally, the system boots with proper speed and with no apparent issues and continues to work for days on end.
It is only when booting into Safe Mode that any issues become apparent.

I am curious as to any solutions this fine community may have to offer. I received great information from the Hardware group and hope for the same here.

System hardware includes:
AMD Phenom Quad AM2+ Black Edition
Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H
G.Skill Memory
Corsair 1000W PSU
Windows XP Pro x64
"Is that my anti-static wrist strap you're wearing?"
"I should think not."
"I should think I will knock your head from your shoulders in a joust!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

Ignore the O/S, Worth A Look.

Louis

#3 Comrade Penguin

Comrade Penguin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

Thank you Louis, nice seeing you again.

Interesting solutions, I will investigate them.

A bad CMOS battery would be odd considering the age of this Motherboard and I do not have a RAID array set up, though I will check these accordingly.
"Is that my anti-static wrist strap you're wearing?"
"I should think not."
"I should think I will knock your head from your shoulders in a joust!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users