Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSOD Crashs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

I've recently started having a few BSOD crashes happen on my rig which suprised me as I never got them in the past aside from having a faulty graphics driver. I used bluescreenview and it shows that all 3 times the cause was NDIS.SYS a NDIS 6.20 driver issue. I'm not sure what this means but I know I had a pretty similar report as I recall when I installed a new driver for my nvidia card and was forced to revert to an older driver. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

Perhaps THIS can be of some assistance.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the quick response, I took the advice of the link you posted and downloaded a new network driver and the setup says it cannot find a NIC. I am using networking hardware onboard from my motherboard from asus and i don't see why it would be a switch up. My motherboard model is m2n-vm dvi and I downloaded the Atholes LAN Driver V1.0.0.18 for Win7 32bit/Win7 64bit--(WHQL).

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

The Atheros driver is wireless...is your connection wireless?

Ndis.sys problems generally are related to Internet connectivity.

That link previously provided on drivers...is somewhat inaccurate about the reasons drivers need to be replaced. It's not because they are necessarily outdated (all of a sudden) but more likely that key files have become damaged, rendering the drivers incapable of proper execution.

Louis

#5 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

No my connection is through a ethernet cable so I don't know why my motherboard company would be suggesting wireless drivers. I haven't had any run ins with another BSOD lately, I just bought a new router, I'm gonna see how things go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users