Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fed up of choppy streaming!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Runwiththewolf

Runwiththewolf

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:06 PM

Using Firefox / Win XP. SP3

I've long given up on trying to diagnose & fix my irritating problem of hiccuping, herky-jerky playback when I want to watch online vids. I tried to ask Netflix people. Nothing.

I don't know if it's some kind of registry corruption or what.
I tried downloading some video acceleration program & adjusting certain settings in the Troubleshoot tab of "hardware acceleration". (set to full)

What now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

So is this just on Netflix or on other sites like Youtube? I ask this because Netflix uses Silverlight and most other sites use Flash. If you're having trouble with both, you may have to tinker with your browser security settings. But if it's just Netflix, the problem may just be with Silverlight.

#3 Runwiththewolf

Runwiththewolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

Well, the annoying/weird thing is - it was fine on Youtube up until last night when I tried that free acceleration program. (I've since uninstalled)
But it's always a problem on Netflix.

What're the security settings I should do?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

I think your problem is with Silverlight and therefore you need to contact Netflix even if you have already tried. I've never used Silverlight and know nothing about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users