Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm pretty sure i'm infected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 XxCataclysmxX

XxCataclysmxX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hi, an hour or so ago my computer was attacked/infected.

Everytime I try to open up a program i get this error mesage "application cannot be executed the file xxxxxx.exe is infected. please activate your antivirus software."
I'm sure this is some joke trying to get me to download something....

Also random pages will come up from Firefox...

I've read about others who've had this problem and they posted here with there logs and a tutorial...

Can someone help me get rid of this? Thanks

Edit: Also in my taskbar is a program called Antivir Solution Pro, which I read up on and is apparently a virus.... just added this in case it helps
Heres a link of an apparent removal process from this site
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...ir-solution-pro

Should I just follow these directions and I'll be fine or is there more? THank you

Edited by XxCataclysmxX, 09 August 2010 - 09:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users