Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NORTON 360 freezes my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pcpeat405_310

pcpeat405_310

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

I have been running norton 360 internet on my Vista O/S pc for one year and I am tired of it freezing, bluescreens, and not able to play my favorite media (you tube and movies) on it with out it stalling and being sluggish like a snail. I defragged the HD AND scanned for viruses (on norton) and no signs of infections. I used norton to check to registry and nothing. So now I am looking for an A/V that has total in one. I have been looking at AVG, Malwarebytes , bitdefender, Avast, Mcaffee, Kapersky, Trenmicro, etc. Something that will hopefully not slow down pc, freeze my system and dragg my cpu but can keep up with todays malware and prevent infections while I surf the web. I really Need some help Please.

Thanks,
PCPeat

EDIT: Moved from Vista to AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods ~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 09 August 2010 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

There is a new version of N360 availble for free if you still have a valid subscription. The problems you are having are not particularly common with N360. I'm wondering if there are leftovers on your machine from prior antivirus products that might not have been properly cleaned off. Most of them require their own particular removal tools. Norton will also require the use of the Norton Removal tool before you install something else. Have you tried the Norton forums for assistance?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/bd-p/Norton_360

I use Norton Internet Security, whisch I find quite suitable. I have Comodo free Internet Security on my son's laptop. I find it difficult to understand if I have to adjust internet access. My employer has TrendMicro on my work machine. When that scans, I am forced to twiddle my thumbs for an hour, because nothing else will run. It's really annoying.

Those are the only ones I have tried recently.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

You know the other reason why Norton 360 is freezing your computer? Norton sucks. That's why. I'd go for NOD32 or Kaspersky if I were you.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users