Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Photoshop slowness?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TechlessOS_3211

TechlessOS_3211

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hello,

Recently I removed a file that a scanner claimed to be a trojan from the Adobe Photoshop program folder. However, I asked about it and I was told it was a false positive here on Bleeping Computer. Despite this, I'm not sure because before I removed it, multiple IE8 Adobe Photoshop windows popped up (even though I have Safari as my default browser) and I had to use Task Manager to close them. (This happened once again after removing the file...so my first guess may have been wrong)

Since the I removed the file, Adobe Photoshop freezes upon start-up for about one or two minutes (usually whenever it reaches the "Reading Fonts..." stage). The computer does not respond at all during this time...I can't even switch windows or bring up Task Manager. After closing Photoshop, sometimes the CPU usage skyrockets and then goes back down, but never back to 4%, the number it usually has when idling.

I am using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Windows Vista SP2. The file I removed was called Template Droplet.exe. Should I restore the file to the Adobe Photoshop folder?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Your best option would be to reinstall Photoshop and also start a new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum to see, if your computer is clean.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users