Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xppro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vomog

vomog

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:28 AM

Hi everyone
I want to uninstall XP pro from my spare pc to put in an older os. I went to: system32/ "osuninst" and tried to uninstall. I received a message: "unable to uninstall,necessary registration info is missing" Any ideas about what info its asking for?

Cheers vomog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:21 AM

Hi everyone
I want to uninstall XP pro from my spare pc to put in an older os. I went to: system32/ "osuninst" and tried to uninstall. I received a message: "unable to uninstall,necessary registration info is missing" Any ideas about what info its asking for?

Cheers vomog

Just fdisk and reformat the hard drive and install the OS of your choice.

#3 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

Do you want to put the xp on another system? If not, and you have the hard drive space, you can install a second os and run the computer with a dual boot setup.

This gives guidance on setting up a dual boot system with various flavors of windows:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s.../multiboot.mspx

you can also do this with linux.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

What are the specs on your computer and what os do you want to move to?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users