Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirects

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zxserty

Zxserty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi, Im a long user of this forums but a first time poster.

OK so the problems goes like this, ill be running Firefox and occasionally a new tab pops up with a spam website that obviously downloads more viruses to my computer, i downloaded AVG to stop this sites from opening. Also, sometimes when i click on a Google search result it will redirect my to another spam site, sometimes related to the search.

I have had this problem before and have been told to run Combofix to correct it, and last time it worked, however this time it did not. After running Combofix this time it detected a Rootkit error just like the first time i had this problem, but i guess it did not remove it this time.

I have also ran MalwareBytes and AVG, and they only come up with the spyware/various viruses that the Original problem downloads

I use Windows XP Professional

Edited by Zxserty, 09 August 2010 - 04:02 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

You should post in the Am I Infected? Forum.

#3 Zxserty

Zxserty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

Oh of course sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users