Holy pooponpc am I infected! I have Mcafee installed, and I've tried spybot and plenty of other anti spyware software, and no luck! Here are some of my symptoms:
1. Google searches on IE and firefox hijacked. My taskbar google search actually goes to "search.search-go.net", which looks really close to exactly like google
2. Random pages opening, which seem to be totally random nonsense, like "http://www.retrevo.com"
3. iexplore.exe process running despite the fact that I am not using internet explorer
4. random processes like "Kxg.exe", "Kxi.exe", and "MDM.exe" etc running
5. The virus is trying to prevent the task manager from working by adding the value "1" to something like disabletaskmanage (I don't remember, I already closed the message). Thankfully teatimer is keeping that at bay
6. Adding weird startup entries. Luckily teatimer is also keeping that at bay.
That's all I can think of at the moment. If I tried harder I could probably think of a few more!
I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of this virus! I am actually debating reformatting the thinger, but backing up the hard drive doesn't seem to work well because my dvd drive is acting up (possibly related to this issue?), nor does creating another partition in order to put files separate from the C drive where everything is installed because it's not even letting me create that partition. And as unlucky as I am, my laptop started to poop on me by freezing, restarting, and bsoding me right before I got this virus!
I really need help! Please help me!!